Sunday, July 30, 2006

Disneyland

Well Im back in Singapore. It's a bit of a late blog entry, since I'm standing 50 meters away from Gate C25 for flight QA something something to take me back home. I saw the free internet sign and I thought, why not. There's too much to catch up with so I'll just keep this one in the present tense.

Presently, I'm feeling pretty good. No end-of-trip depression to be seen at the horizon. The music in my ears is positive and my attitude is one of satisfaction, whatever the destination is. I've met with a couple more people at my last hostel, in a sort of last-minute let's still meet while we're open for it kind of vibe. Because where I'm going to tonight, we do not talk to strangers. Oh sure, we all dream of scenarios involving charming strangers and improvised urban adventures. -Let's ride till we hit the ocean, Barbie! -Oh Ken, I'll follow you anywhere.
Sounds familiar? Of course not. Besides, who in their right mind names his child Barbie? Seriously though. I miss that already. Travellers talking to eachother out of the blue. Oh well, change what you can and accept the things you can't. It's a choice more than a fact, and I know which option has my preference.

I'll say this trip has been about balance to me. Last year I redefined my norms. Wheter it is love, social skills or expectations out of life and myself, it was deffinitely about radical change. The following year took a lot of energy from me; re-adjusting to daily life. To adventures on smaller scales. Relationships moving at the pace of glaciers. Bad weather (do not undermine the effect of winter on one's enthusiam). I stretched the uplifting as far as I could through the ensuing months but the higher the flight, the harder the fall. Worked my way back to being an enthousiastic dreamer, an optimist and an adventurer. This trip has only concluded this. Set the new norms higher for another year. Steady energy. Certain pace. Constant openness to change and chaos. I know what I want and I know the path and I'm on it and right now it needs me to board on flight QA something something heading home.

Enters the Dice Man.

Umpf

Tal

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home