Thursday, June 22, 2006

The great escape

Let's do this quick.
I barely got the time for you.
One hour left before the great escape.
Houdini style.

People ask me when and why and how and where.
Don't.
Taking their hats off when they hear about my travel.
Don't.
Requesting post-cards. That I travel safe. And call.
Don't Don't and Don't.

I'll keep it brief.
Packed slightly less underwear than I'll need in between laundries.
More money than I plan to spend.
An Ipod. Electric rasor. Immodium pills.
Condoms, six. Hat, one. Mobile phone, zero.
What else.

What this is, in my friend's words, is writing-exhibitionism.
Funny, I thought, hours much too late;
Ain't that what every writer does?

What this is, I don't know.
The big unknown and randomizing.
Happiness beig found in the small stuff and all that crap,
I say this is doing what I can while I still can.
While 2000 euro's need not be spent on car insurances,
gas bills and mortgage (whatever that is).




Umpf

2 Comments:

Blogger Kevin said...

hmmm...i had a comment...hmm, but forgot what it was...i'll be back :)

7:47 AM  
Blogger Kevin said...

Aah yes back to my comment...wonderful, wonderful, absolutely wonderful, so..hmm..Aah yes what is the central theme of this trip? To reiterate, let me quote, myself; Research must be undertaken when the opportunity presents itself!

8:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home